470 IN 2024 - YOUTH PATHWAY
THE PERFECT CHOICE FOR YOUTH SAILORS ...
- Transition - youth classes feed through to two-person dinghy classes and then on to the vast range of options after Olympic campaigning
- Highly developed pathway - particularly via the popular and proven 420 and Cadet classes with 90,000 boats
- Affordable - a ready to sail campaign level 470 starts from €13,000. the average ready-to-race 470 price is 25% to 30% lower than the price of the other two-person Olympic classes, and about 2½ times the price of the one-person dinghy men and women class
- Aspiration - for young athletes, and the MNAs that support them, there must be predictability of Events, so that they can be sure their Olympic pathway will not close in front of them. Certainty is required that the Event to which they aspire will remain in the Olympic Sailing Competition
- Challenge - The class is renowned for its close racing, and is known as the most 'technical' class in the Olympic Games. But no one sails them because they like fiddling with little ropes, nuts and bolts instead of sailing. The real reason anyone sails a 470 is because of the challenges it presents.
Like and share our 470 Video telling the story of 470 Sailing below and at https://www.facebook.com/470olympicsailing/videos/10154880095879301/