Bid for a 470 Championship
The International 470 Class Association welcomes bids from around the world to host International 470 Championships.
All bids should comply with the requirements of the 470 Class Championship Organisation Manual. Please note that the Championship Organisation Manual (version November 2012) is currrently in the process of being updated and will be subject to some changes.
In 2017 the International 470 Class Association will be inviting bids for the following Championships, which shall be submitted by the deadline of 1400 hours on Thursday 8 June, prior to the 2017 470 General Assembly Meeting on the evenings of 7 and 8 July, which will take place at the start of the 2017 470 World Championships in Thessaloniki, Greece.
- 2018, 2019 and 2020 Contiental Championships for: Africa, South America, North America, Asia and Oceania
- 2019 and 2020 470 World Championships
- 2019 and 2020 470 Junior World Championships
- 2019 and 2020 470 European Championships
- 2019 470 Junior European Championships
- 2019 470 Master's Cup
Take a look at the 470 Championship Organisation Plan to see future venues already decided.
Please be aware that we combine the Open Junior 470 European Championship with the 420 Class Junior European Championship. For the 2018 and 2020 Junior European Championship, it is the International 420 Class Association who decides the venue for the Championship.
All bids are presented for approval by the 470 General Assembly Meeting, which is held annually, either during an International 470 Championship or in conjunction with the ISAF Annual Conference. The details below set out the requirements for bidding.
All bids should be submitted by the deadline of Thursday 8 June prior to the 2017 470 General Assembly on 7-8 July 2017. If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The bid shall be submitted using the Championship Bid Applicant Form and shall include, at least, the following information and documents:
- a declaration signed by the President or the Secretary General of the National 470 Class Association, and endorsed by the President of the proposed Organising Authority; this letter shall specify the Championship(s) and the year(s) for which this organisation is proposed, shall include the preferred dates, as well as the other possible dates or impossible dates and shall explain the reasons why the National 470 Class Association considers this candidature valuable for the 470 Class and for the relevant country or area; this letter shall also state and show evidence that no existing national law or regulation might prevent one or some National 470 Class Associations to take part in the Championship;
- a declaration by the President of the proposed Organising Authority acknowledging that he has read the 470 Class Championship Organisation Manual and that he agrees on applying it for the proposed organisation; if any, this letter shall list any departure from the requirements of the Manual that the proposed Organising Authority would like to introduce or discuss, and provide rationale accordingly (refer to the typical applicant form here after);
- a presentation of the proposed Organising Authority: venue, name and type (Sailing Club, group of Clubs, other types), number of members, financial turnover, facilities ashore, available equipment for regattas, description of the race area (map, wind conditions, currents, traffic, …);
- a presentation of the references and experience of the proposed Organising Authority in the organisation of similar events;
- an estimate of the total budget needed for the proposed organisation, and the associated financial plan expected by the Organising Authority (entry fees, subsidies, sponsorship fees, merchandising, others);
- any additional information and comments that the applicant feels necessary to give to complete the bid.
Please complete and submit your bid on the 470 Championship Bid Applicant Form.
Your bid(s) has(have) to be sent to the International 470 Class Association by email and by the deadline of 1400 hours on Thursday 8 June 2017 to: email@example.com.
Please, do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further information.