Welcome to the 2014 470 Open European Championships
Below is some general information to assist with your planning to participate at the Championship.
Charter boats might be available upon request to the organizers (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least one month prior of the European’s Championship first race opening.
There are a range of hotel options offering discounted prices, in close proximity and further afield from the venue. Click here for more information and also please note that NTK has arranged a special deal with the Metropolitan Hotel which is located located close to the club.
You can book your accommodation online at the Metropolitan Hotel by clicking here. To get special rates, you need to add the Group Code: 6842
Discounted Ferry Travel
SUPERFAST FERRIES are offering discounts for travel to teams competing at the Open 470 European Championships for ferry crossings from Ancona or Bari (Italy) to Igoumenitsa or Patras (Greece) and return:
For travel from Italy (Ancona or Bari) to Greece (Igoumenitsa or Patras)
Travel dates: from 03/07 until including 09/07
- 20% reduction for the transportation of passengers in all accommodation categories, as included in the official brochure 2014
- 20% reduction for the transportation of passenger vehicles and trailers - vehicle categories included in the official brochure 2014
For travel from Greece (Igoumenitsa or Patras) to Italy (Ancona or Bari)
Travel dates: from 14/07 until including 17/07
- 30% reduction for the transportation of passengers in all accommodation categories, as included in the official brochure 2014
- 30% reduction for the transportation of passenger vehicles and trailers - vehicle categories included in the official brochure 2014
Terms & conditions and booking procedure:
1. The reduction is valid only on the NET fares for passengers and vehicles (not valid on the fuel surcharge which is €15 per passenger per way and per vehicle per way for Ancona route & €5 per passenger per way and per vehicle per way for Bari route).
2. The reduction is not valid for the transportation of commercial (cargo) vehicles.
3. The reduction is not cumulative with the offers / reductions included in the official brochure (Early Booking, family offer, youth reduction, etc.) Only one reduction (the greater) is granted at a time.
4. Reduction does not apply to unaccompanied vehicles.
5. Booking procedure: Reservations / payments will be made directly by the participants (without the involvement of NOTK) to the below reservation department in Greece:
Ancona route: Head Office Call Center (Tel:+30 210 89 19 700+30 210 89 19 700, fax:+30 210 89 19 709, e-mail: email@example.com
Bari route: Head Office Call Center (Tel:+30 210 89 19 130+30 210 89 19 130, fax:+30 210 89 19 139, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Athens Tourist Board: www.visitgreece.gr
For information on travel to Athens go to: www.visitgreece.gr
You will be guests of the Tzitzifies Kallithea Yacht Club (NOTK) which was founded in 1958. The club is located at:
Tel. +30 210 481-0390+30 210 481-0390/91 and +30 210 413-1819 +30 210 413-1819
Fax: +30 210 413-1549
NOTK is located at the Marina Delta Falirou, in the Faliron Pavilion (used as the Olympic Tae-Kwon-Do gym) and near to the Faliron Beach Volleyball Centre. View the location on google maps.
These facilities formed the Faliron Olympic Coastal Zone Complex for the 2004 Olympics. The Complex sits between the Peace and Friendship Stadium ("SEF"), near Piraeus (Πειραιάς) to the west and Paleo Faliro (Παλαιό Φάληρο), eastwards toward Athens Airport (http://www.aia.gr).
All are linked by Poseidonos Avenue (Λεωφόρος Ποσειδώνος), the main coastal highway. The Tzitzifies, Delta Falirou stop of the tram is just outside the complex.
The Tram network connects the centre of Athens, through Nea Smyrni with Paleo Faliro and from there it branches out along the coastal avenue to Alimos, Helliniko, Glyfada and Voula on one end and to the Faliriko Delta, Neo Faliro and the Peace & Friendship Stadium on the other end http://www.tramsa.gr.
Travel to Athens
Details on routes to get to Athens are available on the Tourst Board website.
If you are travelling from Patras to Athens then Click Here for the best driving route.
Click Here for the weather forecast in and around Athens.