URGENT CALL FOR BIDS FOR 2016 470 JUNIOR WORLDS CHAMPIONSHIPS14 Oct 2015
Due to the sudden cancellation by the Sailing Federation of Azerbaijan to host the 2016 470 Junior World Championships, the International 470 Class Association welcomes bids from around the world to host the event.
All bids should comply with the requirements of the 470 Class Championship Organisation Manual. Please note that the Championship Organization Manual (version November 2012) is currrently in the process of being updated and will be subject to some changes.
The bid shall be submitted using the Championship Bid Applicant Form and shall include, at least, the following information and documents:
- a declaration signed by the President or the Secretary General of the National 470 Class Association, and endorsed by the President of the proposed Organising Authority; this letter shall specify the Championship(s) and the year(s) for which this organisation is proposed, shall include the preferred dates, as well as the other possible dates or impossible dates and shall explain the reasons why the National 470 Class Association considers this candidature valuable for the 470 Class and for the relevant country or area; this letter shall also state and show evidence that no existing national law or regulation might prevent one or some National 470 Class Associations to take part in the Championship;
- a declaration by the President of the proposed Organising Authority acknowledging that he has read the 470 Class Championship Organisation Manual and that he agrees on applying it for the proposed organisation; if any, this letter shall list any departure from the requirements of the Manual that the proposed Organising Authority would like to introduce or discuss, and provide rationale accordingly (refer to the typical applicant form here after);
- a presentation of the proposed Organising Authority: venue, name and type (Sailing Club, group of Clubs, other types), number of members, financial turnover, facilities ashore, available equipment for regattas, description of the race area (map, wind conditions, currents, traffic, …);
- a presentation of the references and experience of the proposed Organising Authority in the organisation of similar events;
- an estimate of the total budget needed for the proposed organisation, and the associated financial plan expected by the Organising Authority (entry fees, subsidies, sponsorship fees, merchandising, others);
- any additional information and comments that the applicant feels necessary to give to complete the bid.
Please complete and submit your bid on the 470 Championship Bid Applicant Form. All bids should be submitted by 31 October 2015 and will be considered by the Management Committee of the International 470 Class Association.