09 Sep 2009
Future 470 Class Championships
The General Assembly of the International 470 Class Association, meeting on 21st August 2009 in Rungsted (Denmark) made the following decisions about venues of the future 470 Class Championships after having considered the bids received from the candidates:
- Barcelona (Spain) will host the 2012 World Championships on first half of May, subject to confirmation at the 2010 General Assembly meeting after a site visit by 470 Class Officers;
- France will host the 2013 World Championships at the occasion of the celebration of the 50th anniversary of the 470 Class; the venue will be decided at the 2010 General Assembly meeting upon proposal from the French 470 Class Association;
- Following the recommendations from the Dutch 470 Class Association and from the Management Committee of the International 470 Class Association, Medemblik was preferred to The Hague to host the 2011 Junior World Championships (the two venues had been selected last year, subject to final choice this year);
- Auckland (New-Zealand) will host the 2012 Junior World Championships on second half of January, subject to confirmation at the 2010 General Assembly meeting after a site visit by 470 Class Officers;
- Following the approval of the International 420 Class Association get in early August, Nieuwpoort (Belgium) was confirmed to host the 2011 Combined 420/470 Junior European Championships (the venue had been selected last year, subject to 420 Class approval).
Decisions about venues of the remaining 2012-2013 Championships have been deferred to the 2010 General Assembly meeting. The Management Committee has been empowered to decide the venue of the 2011 Master’s Cup.
The Championship Organization Chart here below summarizes decisions made or to be made about venues and dates of the 470 Class Championships from 2010 to 2013.
Championship Organization Chart